Dr. Donald Outing, Vice President for Equity and Community, hosts a Town Hall to update campus on the DI&E strategic plan process.
Lehigh shares the report of the Lehigh University Police Department (LUPD) review completed by the LUPD Review Committee (LUPDRC) consisting of the committee's charge, review process, findings, and recommendations.
For the fourth consecutive year, The Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award recognized Lehigh's outstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion on a national level.
Holona Ochs named Director of Marcon Institute, an institute dedicated to research and study what influences perspectives, practices and policies on racial justice.
Donald Outing, Vice President for Equity and Community hosts first Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Plan Town Hall in April.
Lehigh launches the HEDS Diversity and Equity Campus Climate Survey for the campus community to participate in during March and April.
CEC publishes an online Resources Toolkit for students, faculty, staff and alumni.
Lehigh’s Baker Institute launches R.I.S.E. (Rightful Inclusive Student Entrepreneurship), a research-backed initiative with goals to improve diversity, inclusion and equity in Baker Institute programs.
Lehigh shares updates to campus on Diversity, Inclusion and Equity plan and releases initial set of progress measure indicators.
Donald Outing, Vice President for Equity and Community, hosts a discussion on the state of antiracism at Lehigh.
Lehigh hosts faculty workshop to promote and share best practices for effective teaching and learning among diverse student populations.
Lehigh's focus on research and community through the RARE program is featured in a Chronicle of Higher Education special report.
Office of Multicultural Affairs hosts the first weekend retreat for Lehigh’s BIPOC population
Large gift establishes the Marcon Institute which is dedicated to research and study that influences perspectives, practices and policies on racial justice.
Lehigh marks 50 years of undergraduate coeducation through a year-long “Soaring Together” celebration.
Center for Gender Equity (CGE) celebrates 30th anniversary.
Diversity, Inclusion and Equity strategic plan is launched.
Lehigh joins new, multi-university NSF partnership that will accelerate tech and enhance diversity in entrepreneurship.
Lehigh’s 1-MBA program established as Diamond Tier partner with the National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA). The partnership will award a range of scholarships to members.
Lehigh joined 120 CEOs in a first-of-its-kind regional diversity and inclusion summit.
Lehigh is selected again as Best of the Best LGBTQ Friendly Campuses (one of only 30 selected)
HEED Award recipient (3rd year)
Best-selling author and higher education thought-leader, Beverly Tatum delivers the 2021 MLK address
- Three Lehigh programs selected for INSIGHT Into Diversity’s Inspiring Programs in STEM Award
- Lehigh is recognized as one of 40 “Best of the Best” Campuses for LGBTQ Friendly Colleges and Universities
- Lehigh joins national alliance aimed at developing more inclusive and diverse stem faculty
- Selected as a HEED Award Recipient (2nd year)
- Lehigh participates in the 2019-2020 HEDS Diversity and Equity Campus Climate Survey.
- Lehigh Names Two New Directors to Help Lead Student Access, Success and Multicultural Efforts
- Celebrating Ten Years of BALANCE; Lehigh’s Black and Latino Alumni Network for Community and Equity
- MLK Committee hosts Justice Panel to discuss the evolution of campus activism
- Historian Ibram X. Kendi delivers Fall MLK Keynote
- Lehigh celebrates the 30th Anniversary of the UMOJA House
- Diversity Champions Program launched
- Lehigh Receives HEED Award Recognizing Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
- Alpha Alpha Alpha Honor Society Chapter Established for First Generation Students
- Women's rights icon Anita Hill delivers Lehigh's MLK Address
- Comprehensive approach to staff diversity training, Cornerstones of Community, is developed
- Lehigh named among most LGBTQ+ friendly campuses in the nation by College Consensus
- Lehigh hosts Summit on Faculty Service Engagement
- Mentor Collective announced to pair first-year students with upper-class student mentors
- Rabbi Steven Nathan named Director of Jewish Student Life
- Lehigh hosts Hip Hop Festival
- Check Your Bl!nd Spots program comes to Lehigh as part of CEO Diversity Action initiative
- Lehigh marks 50-year anniversary of MLK assassination
- Lehigh receives state grant for It’s On Us program to end sexual assault
- First Posse cohort admitted
- Passport to Success program begins
- Newly named Chief Diversity Officer Donald Outing establishes Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Equity, which includes a newly named deputy vice provost for equity and inclusion and incorporates advocacy and equity offices in division (Multicultural Affairs, Pride Center and Gender Equity).
- Dear World event comes to Lehigh
- George White named Managing Director for Student Access and Success at Lehigh
- Lehigh hosts summit on inclusive excellence with Tim Ryan, U.S. chair and sr. partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Lehigh President John D. Simon named to President’s Circle of CEO Action for Diversity and Inclusion, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace
- Dr. Walead Mosaad named first director of Muslim Student Life
- Year three of The Lehigh Survey: Survey conducted, results and recommendations from CEC shared with campus
- Lehigh University Alumni Association hires Miguel Rivera to lead diversity outreach efforts
- First annual Lehigh Pride celebration (Pride-a-Palooza) occurs
- The Rev. Sharon Washington Risher addresses the process of forgiveness after the Charleston shootings in MLK talk.
- Year Two of The Lehigh Survey: Survey conducted, results and recommendations from CEC shared with campus
- VISIONS training continues
- Lehigh names Dr. Donald Outing as university’s first chief diversity officer
- More than 100 members of the campus community gather to discuss concrete ways in which faculty, staff and students can help Lehigh evolve into a more welcoming and inclusive university
- Office of Disability Support Services and the Peer Mentor program recognized for supporting students with disabilities by providing equal access in the form of University Design in Learning
- Without Walls public art project debuts at Lehigh
- Lehigh joins American Talent Initiative to expand college access for lower-income students
- Lehigh concludes three-year commitment to national anti-hazing consortium
- Women’s Center marks 25th year at Lehigh
- Africana Studies program awarded a prestigious $500,000 challenge grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities, which creates an endowment to expand public humanities initiatives
- Nearly 5,000 students, staff and faculty complete online harassment and discrimination training.
- More than 1,327 members of Greek system and 138 graduate students complete in-person trainings on harassment, discrimination and gender violence.
- Student Affairs begins piloting Restorative Practices model that emphasizes repairing harm and building community
- Cornell Interactive Theatre Ensemble (CITE) presents to more than 250 Lehigh community members on stereotypical biases.
- Equal Opportunity Compliance Coordinator works with CEC to conduct university wide diversity and inclusion audit
- Iris Mentorship program for LGBTQ+ undergraduate and graduate students launched
- Activist and filmmaker Bree Newsome gives MLK talk
- Lehigh hires first Equal Opportunity Compliance Officer
- VISIONS training continues
- Year One of The Lehigh Survey: Survey conducted, results and recommendations from CEC shared with campus
- Commission on Residential Environment (CORE) issues final report
- CBE hosts impact symposium to foster dialogue on workplace diversity
- Faculty and Staff of Color Network expands outreach efforts
- PreLUsion for students with learning disabilities
- Lehigh hosts three-day conference to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the assassination of Malcolm X
- Lehigh marks 25th year of Americans with Disabilities Act with focus on learning support programs
- Lehigh hosts Summer Scholars Institute to support first-gen students
- LUAlly Training program launched
- Lehigh enters into Voluntary Resolution Agreement with U.S. Dept. of Education for Civil Rights to reflect commitment to improve campus climate and create a community free from harassment and discrimination.
- Lehigh begins VISIONS training for trustees, administrators, faculty, staff and students
- Summer Scholars Institute is developed and debuts
- Winter Gryphon training incorporates focus on diversity and inclusion
- The Pride Center is established
- PreLUsion for students with learning disabilities
- Umoja House transformation
- Gender inclusive bathrooms in academic buildings
- Lehigh adopts and distributes non-discrimination statement
- Harassment and non-discrimination policies revised
- Lehigh hosts Success Academy students
- New and improved UMOJA is dedicated
- Lehigh preLUsion program — Excel at Lehigh — focuses on the academic and interpersonal transition to college for underrepresented and first generation students
- Council for Equity and Community (CEC) reconstituted
- Martin Luther King celebration expanded from one week to year–long slate of events and programs focused on social justice
- Established support funds for multicultural Greek chapters
- Male Faculty Advocate Group for Female Faculty Initiative launched
- LU joined Hazing Coalition, a three-year project involving leading researchers and colleges and universities across the country, to emphasize the value of respect for fellow students in all campus organizations
- Development of Inclusion Strategic Action Plan for each academic department launched
- Faculty voted to include Principles of Our Equitable Community on all class syllabi
- Faculty education on disabilities expanded to include Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Establishment of a campus-based Leadershape program at Lehigh to be offered to 60 students
- Additional Gryphon in Umoja House
- Bystander Intervention training for student leaders and organizations
- Changes in Greek Accreditation to incorporate diversity into every section