Call Lehigh University Police at 8-4200 (on-campus) or (610) 758-4200 (off-campus).
What to do during a medical emergency:
- Call Lehigh University Police at 8-4200 (on-campus) or (610) 758-4200 (off-campus).
- Give the dispatcher as much information as possible regarding the nature of the injury/illness, whether or not the victim is conscious, etc.
- DO NOT hang up until directed to do so by the dispatcher, so that the information can be forwarded to the emergency personnel.
- After making the emergency call:
- Return to the victim.
- Keep the victim as calm and comfortable as possible.
- Remain with the victim until police officers arrive.
- You may provide First Aid, CPR and use an AED if such equipment is available, you have been trained, and you can do so safely and appropriately.