Emergencies, disasters or accidents can happen at any time or without warning. Potential emergencies at Lehigh University, both natural and man-made, may require that community members be prepared to evacuate from university buildings.
Students, faculty and staff should become familiar with university buildings and be familiar with the following guidelines:
- Know at least two building exits other than the elevators.
- Know the location and operation of the building fire alarm system.
- Know emergency phone numbers.
- Know the building monitor in your area/building, along with your primary rally site and alternate site.
- Participate in all announced and unannounced fire drills.
- Begin to evacuate at the first sign of smoke, fire alarm or an evacuation notice.
- Do not return to your building until cleared by on-location emergency personnel or you are notified by an official campus communication.
- Download the HawkWatch personal safety app, which puts the user in direct contact with the LUPD dispatcher, provides critical information on how to respond to emergency situations, tracks Lehigh University buses and allows the user to quickly access emergency resources. There are also options such as "Friend Walk," which allows the user to connect with friends who can chart the users' movements as they make their way to the desired location. Download the app here>