Pull the nearest fire alarm, call Lehigh University Police at 8-4200 (on-campus) or at (610) 758-4200 (off-campus).
What you should do during a fire:
- STAY CALM.
- Pull the nearest fire alarm, call Lehigh University Police at 8-4200 (on-campus) or at (610) 758-4200 (off-campus).
- Give your name and location of the fire. Do not hang up until the police dispatcher tells you to do so.
- Close the door to the room if the fire is contained there.
- Leave the building immediately.
- Inform others as you pass them to leave the building immediately.
- Walk—don’t run—to the nearest exit.
- Never use elevators—an elevator may become a trap.
- Notify emergency personnel immediately if you, or someone you know, are in the building with a physical impairment, or you suspect someone may be trapped inside.
- Once outside, move clear of the building (at least 500 feet), allowing others to exit. DO NOT return to the building until assured to do so by emergency personnel.