The following steps are required for all incoming, domestic students who are applying for need-based institutional aid. If you are applying for federal aid only, you will only need to submit the FAFSA.
- School code: 003289
- We strongly encourage use of the IRS Data retrieval tool to complete the FAFSA.
Complete the 2022-2023 CSS Profile
- School Code: 2365
- Submit a separate CSS Profile for each parent if legal parents are not married and do not live together
Submit 2020 federal income tax return
- If either parent is required to file a tax return, please submit a signed copy of their 2020 federal income tax return, along with all accompanying schedules & W-2 forms.
- If the student is required to file a tax return, please submit a signed copy of the 2020 federal income tax return, along with all accompanying schedules & W-2 forms. Please submit all 2020 W-2’s if the student is not required to file.
- If either parent is self-employed or an owner (part or full) of a corporation/partnership, submit signed copies of the 2020 business tax returns (Schedule C, corporate tax returns and/or partnership tax returns).
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Waiver (recommended, not required)
- Complete this form to allow the Office of Financial Aid to provide financial aid information to parents or third parties.
Certificate of Finances (non-citizen applicants only)
All non-U.S. citizens who will need financial aid during any of their years enrolled at Lehigh are required to submit the Lehigh University Certificate of Finances form filled out for all intended years of undergraduate enrollment and to submit it by the application deadline. Please submit this form through your Lehigh Applicant Portal: see the Admissions Checklist. If you haven’t done so, you must create an Applicant Portal by going to www.lehigh.edu/openapplicantportal once you submit your Lehigh application. This URL is only used to create your account. For subsequent logins, please visit www.lehigh.edu/applicantportal. To be considered for need based financial aid, you must also submit the CSS Profile through the College Board.
Both the Lehigh Certificate of Finances and CSS Profile must be submitted by your application deadline. For instance, if applying Early Decision 1, then the forms are due November 1, and if applying Regular Decision or Early Decision 2, then the forms are due by January 1.
This is a master list with links to all applications and forms related to the need-based financial aid process. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm that all application materials are received by the deadline.
NOTE: Additional forms may be requested on a case-by-case basis and can be accessed by clicking the requirement in the Lehigh portal (or by contacting our office).
Applications & Forms for the 2022-2023 Award Year
- 2022-2023 CSS/Financial Aid Profile™
- 2022-2023 Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Waiver (Recommended, not required)
- CSS Profile Waiver Request for the Noncustodial Parent
Applications & Forms for International Students
- CSS/Financial Aid Profile for International Students. If you are unable to complete this online form, please contact our office.
- International Student Certification of Finances
Winter, Summer or Short-term Financial Aid Application
Students enrolling in a winter, summer or short-term session may apply with the Office of Financial Aid for loan consideration only. Students should complete the application below for the appropriate academic year.
Should you be offered and accept federal or institutional loans, our office will notify you of additional requirements that must be completed in order to receive this funding. The following are some of these requirements:
- Federal Direct Loan Master Promissory Note
- Federal Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
- Federal Direct PLUS loan application
- Private Education Loan Self-Certification
- Personal and Confidential Information Form
- Federal Direct Loan Exit Counseling
Academic Petitions for Financial Aid
All financial aid eligibility is based on students’ Satisfactory Academic Progress toward their undergraduate degree. If students fail to meet the minimum academic standards, they will be ineligible to receive need-based aid moving forward, but they may complete and submit an Academic Petition for Financial Aid. The petition is an opportunity for students to explain why they failed to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards and may result in continued financial aid support on a probationary status.
Petition for Review of Financial Aid Eligibility: this main Academic Petition form is required of any student failing to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress.
Petition for Institutional Aid (beyond eight consecutive semesters): This form is specifically for students petitioning to receive financial aid beyond eight consecutive undergraduate semesters.
Petition for Institutional Aid (interruption of eight consecutive semesters): This form is for students who have achieved Satisfactory Academic Progress in terms of G.P.A. and full-time enrollment, but have had a break in their enrollment for any reason (leave of absence or medical withdrawal).
Petition for Institutional Aid (part-time in last semester): This form is for final term seniors who do not require full-time enrollment to complete remaining bachelor's degree requirements.
If students are concerned about their financial aid eligibility related to the Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements, or uncertain of which form above to complete, please contact our office.
Submitting Materials via FileSender
Lehigh is not an IDOC-participating school. Parent and student tax information, and any supplemental documentation, should be submitted directly to Lehigh via LU FileSender (preferred), mail or in-person.
|Student Type||Application Deadline||Award Notification|
|Early Decision I||November 1||Mid-December|
|Early Decision II||January 1||Mid-February|
|Regular Decision||January 15
(Non-U.S. citizens: January 1)
|Current Students||March 15||Mid-June|
|Fall Transfer||April 1||Late May|
|Spring Transfer||November 1||Late December|