- Attract, recruit and hire excellent and diverse faculty and staff dedicated to student development, professional excellence, continuing growth and diversity, inclusion and equity
- Retain diverse faculty and staff dedicated to supporting an inclusive and equitable campus environment, encouraging freedom to express all perspectives
- Enhance the multicultural competencies and capabilities—the knowledge and skills needed to thrive in a diverse world—of faculty and staff
- Joined the National Science Foundation’s iChange/Aspire network. The Aspire Alliance is a national project aimed at developing more inclusive faculty recruitment, hiring and retention in STEM disciplines at universities throughout the U.S.
- Developed and implemented practices to improve faculty diversity, such as the Faculty Diversity Search in Engineering
- Added to the university’s professional development offerings for faculty and staff to encourage diversity, inclusion and equity learning, such as through the Cornerstones of Community series, a career enrichment curriculum offered through Human Resources for staff—1,803 participants, 5,142 modules complete