Dear Members of the Lehigh Community,
As I shared with you in October, Patricia A. Johnson, vice president for finance and administration, will be retiring later this academic year. I thank Pat for her many contributions to the Lehigh community, and for her thoughtful and collaborative leadership while serving a critical role in the university’s administration.
I am pleased to announce that I have convened and charged a committee to search for Lehigh’s next vice president for finance and administration. The individual chosen for this role will lead a broad range of finance and administrative functions, and will be responsible for stewarding resources for our educational mission while also supporting the university’s financial health for generations to come. I have every confidence that the members of this committee, led by Provost Nathan Urban, will identify strong and talented candidates for this key position.
The Vice President for Finance and Administration Search Committee includes:
- Nathan Urban, Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs (Chair)
- Helen Chan, New Jersey Zinc Professor, Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
- Chris Halladay, Associate Vice President, Human Resources
- Wonpil Im, Presidential Chair in Health, Science and Engineering, Professor, Biological Sciences and Bioengineering
- Ilena Key, Chief Technology Officer, Library and Technology Services
- Katherine Lavinder, Dean of Students, Student Affairs
- Donald Outing, Vice President for Equity and Community
- S. McKay Price, Webster A. Collins and Murray H. Goodman Chair in Real Estate Finance, Associate Professor, Perella Department of Finance
Patricia Mann, Administrative Director, Office of the Provost, will provide support to the Search Committee.
Diversified Search Group, a Philadelphia-based firm specializing in the identification and placement of senior-level executive talent, will support the search for our new vice president for finance and administration. The search committee will provide information in the weeks ahead about how to submit nominations for candidates, as well as the link to the forthcoming search website, which will include updates and additional information related to the search.
Joseph J. Helble ’82