As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact many aspects of daily life, and as we collectively work to halt the virus’ spread by following recommended protocols such as social distancing, it is only to be expected that some of us may begin to experience feelings of anxiety, isolation, uncertainty or fear.
For those in the Lehigh community who may be struggling to cope with the realities of COVID-19, there are a number of resources available to assist you during this difficult time.
Below is a listing of programs, counseling services and other resources that are accessible to students, faculty and staff, as well as some additional information for parents and families.
The Office of Counseling and Psychological Services
If you find yourself feeling frightened, sad, or frustrated, we encourage you to reach out to those most familiar and close to you as well as offer to be there for others. In addition, if you think it might be helpful to talk things through with a counselor, we welcome you to contact our Office of Counseling and Psychological Services at 610-758-3880 or 610-758-5183. The center is open and counselors are available 24/7 to talk and provide support and assistance.
Current services include:
- Telemental health treatment (counseling and or consultation sessions that occur via phone or videoconference using a variety of technologies).
- Remote short term therapy and consultation for enrolled students. All sessions will be held via Zoom or Phone.
Tips on Maintaining Mental Well-Being
The Office of Student Affairs has created a series of study and workout plans to help students maintain and enhance their psychological and mental health fitness. Included are tips on how to stay connected during a time of social distancing, how to deal with anxiety, the importance of maintaining a routine, and more. Access this helpful resource here. Student Affairs also hosted a live discussion on mental health and wellness.
Stay Connected Virtually
Social distancing doesn’t mean you need to feel disconnected from the community. There are a growing number of events listed on the Lehigh website for you to join, including purely social events to provide a break from your studies. Browse all events on the events calendar.
Academic Support Resources
Lehigh is committed to ensuring that students have all the tools and support they may need to continue their educational experience during this time of remote learning. Academic support resources include the following:
- Tips for transitioning to on-line learning
- Remote Tutoring Offerings
- Academic Success Modules
- Study Skills Resources
Additional resources for students:
- International students can check this FAQ created by the Office of International Students and Scholars, which includes updates on the latest information about visas, travel guidance and more.
- Resources and information for graduate students, including self-care tips, updates on COVID-19 and more, can be found on the Graduate Life homepage.