Dear Lehigh faculty, graduate students, and staff:
I’m writing with some important updates about LTS Summer 2020 hours and services:
- Beginning Monday, July 13, EWFM Library will be open on a very limited basis to those faculty, graduate students, and staff who have been cleared to return to campus. Lehigh ID cards will be required for swipe entrance to the building. Please enter through the main entrance only.
- As noted in the July 10th email from the Task Force to Safely Open the Lehigh Campus, all faculty, staff, and graduate students planning to return to campus must complete the COVID-19 Return to Work Training. This online course includes important information regarding safety practices everyone must follow while on campus.
- EWFM Library hours will be 10:00 a.m to 2:00 p.m, Monday through Friday.
- To promote the health and safety of our community, all LTS consultations (librarian, instructional technology, faculty development, computing, etc) will continue to be conducted remotely whenever possible and walk-in service without a prior appointment is discouraged.
- Library seating has been adjusted in accordance with social-distancing guidelines. In accordance with Lehigh policy, face coverings are required in all library areas.
- Help Desk services (for all library, teaching and learning, and technology questions) continue to be available online, by phone at 610-758-4357 (8-HELP), by text at 610-616-5910, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by Chat.
- In situations where in-person help is necessary, the Help Desk will schedule an appointment with you for an in-person consultation in EWFM, following PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and social distancing guidelines.
- Curbside library material pick-up will continue to be offered to comply with social distancing guidelines. You can arrange for pick-up via the “Request this” link on items found in your ASA Library Catalog search.
- Library books may still be dropped off at the Lehigh Mail Center at Farrington Square.
- Digital Media Studio equipment such as camcorders, tripods, headsets/microphones, and document cameras are available for curbside pick-up. Please submit requests to email@example.com.
- You may continue to submit Interlibrary Loan (ILL) requests, but note that turnaround is dependent on the status of other libraries and you may experience delays. PALCI interlibrary loan services are still suspended until sometime in August.
- Electronic course reserves can be requested on the Libraries’ Electronic Reserve Request Form.
- Special Collections digitization and scanning to support instruction and usage of primary resources in classes are available by request. Please send requests to Special Collections at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where can I find more information?
Refer to the Library and Technology Services Fall 2020 Reopening Guide for detailed information about hours of operation, service protocols, expectations for safe use of our facilities, and our timeline for a phased reopening.
Please note that some services and service turnaround times may be affected by adherence to guidelines that support the health and safety of clients and staff.
If you have any questions about services offered during the phased reopening, or about the LTS Reopening Guide, please contact Jesse Pearson, Director of LTS Administration and Planning, at 610-758-3825 or email@example.com.
Greg Reihman, Vice Provost for Library and Technology Services