Dear Lehigh families and undergraduate students,
We understand these are extraordinarily challenging times, and wish the best for you, your families and your communities. As members of the Lehigh community, we are all in this together.
We wanted to provide additional information regarding the issuing of credits and refunds for Lehigh housing, parking and dining plan costs on a prorated basis for the time period undergraduate students are not parking on campus, living in residence halls or using meal plans.
Amounts were calculated beginning March 16, when undergraduate students went remote, through the end of the semester.
Please note that these refunds will only apply to housing, parking and dining costs–not tuition. Undergraduate students are completing their coursework remotely and earning academic credit as Lehigh continues to deliver the high quality of education that our students have come to expect from us.
Refunds do not apply to off-campus rentals or facilities that the university does not own or operate, such as SouthSide Commons. Please contact your landlord or housing manager for additional information regarding their housing policies and any questions that you may have about your lease.
A communication will follow concerning refunds for affected graduate students.
- Credits–Undergraduates will automatically receive credit for the housing and dining refunds on their student account. The credit will be applied to the Fall 2020 semester costs.
- Action required to request a refund check–Any undergraduate student who would like to receive a refund check in lieu of having the credit applied to the Fall 2020 semester must submit a form to the Bursar’s Office by April 3.
- Financial Aid–Refund amounts may be adjusted if some of your housing and dining costs are supported by your financial aid package. Lehigh took into consideration that you are no longer being charged for housing and adjusted your meal allowance using the university’s standard commuter allowance.
- Meals–Unused meal swipes are being calculated on an individual basis and processed automatically as well. Unused Dining Dollars from the semester will be credited; these amounts differ for each student and will be calculated individually.
- GoldPLUS–Refunds for GoldPLUS will be processed after we receive the final graduation list. Exceptions and requests will be handled on an individual basis.
- Parking–Students will receive refunds on their parking costs. Parking Services will be issuing prorated parking permit refunds to all students who have left campus for the remainder of the semester, as well as to those who lived off campus but had commuter permits with evening and weekend privileges. All refunds will be processed through the Bursar’s Office.
- Amended accounts can be checked online as of today, Friday, March 20.
For any students experiencing financial hardship, please be reminded of the Emergency Aid form. All requests will be reviewed by the offices of the Dean of Students, Financial Aid and International Affairs.
If you have any additional questions regarding financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 610-758-3181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding housing, please contact Housing Services at 610-758-3500.
Thank you for your patience as we address these financial matters in these challenging and unprecedented times. We hope that everyone remains healthy and safe.
Patricia A. Johnson, Vice President for Finance and Administration