On Oct. 29, 2020, university leadership shared the plans for the Spring 2021 semester with the Lehigh community. As follow-up, we are sharing additional housing information regarding the Spring 2021 Housing Request Application.
To apply for Spring Housing, complete a Spring Housing Request Application in your Housing and Dining Self Service located under applications on the left side of the page. Click on the image below to view the process of applying for Break Housing. Housing applications are due by Nov. 30, 2020.
During these unprecedented times, our goal for spring will be to house as many undergraduate students as possible, in a safe, protected manner. As described in last week’s letter, undergraduate students in the categories below may request to live in a residence hall for Spring 2021. Spots will be filled in the following order:
- Newly matriculating students, including transfer students, who will be enrolling in their first semester at Lehigh
- Note: Students in this category will be able to apply for housing beginning Dec. 17, 2020 with a deadline to submit the application by Dec. 29.
- Students in special circumstances such as those for whom living on campus is necessary to make academic progress
- Seniors currently living out of the Bethlehem area who have academic needs to be on campus for completing graduation requirements
- International undergraduate students who were newly enrolled in the fall, but who were unable to arrive on campus for the Fall 2020 semester
- Sophomores who are interested in living in on-campus housing
We are reviewing all options to maximize occupancy and to accommodate as many students as possible:
- If the capacity of our residence halls will not allow us to house all students who request rooms, we will implement a housing lottery to make assignments based on the spaces available in the priority order listed above.
- Beyond these groups, if conditions and capacity should allow, we would communicate any additional housing availability to students who were not yet offered the opportunity to apply.
Housing offers for Spring 2021 will be made after Jan. 1, 2021. Students will be notified of the decision through email and on Housing and Dining Self Service. We recognize this deadline is one month before the start of the semester. This date accounts for the time needed to gain an accurate assessment of the spaces available. It also ensures that all available spaces will be utilized and as many students as possible who apply for housing may be granted approval. We appreciate your patience and will communicate decisions as soon as possible, recognizing that students and families require time to plan.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Thank you for your continued cooperation, and we look forward to working together toward a safe and successful spring.