Dear Lehigh faculty, staff, and graduate students:
As the University scales back campus activity due to an increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in the Lehigh community, Library and Technology Services (LTS) would like to share a number of service highlights and other important information, effective immediately.
- Fairchild-Martindale and Linderman Libraries are currently closed to general access. We anticipate this closure will remain in effect until at least October 23.
- Lehigh faculty, staff, and graduate students who wish to access the libraries should contact LTS Help Desk staff (610-758-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org), who will take your information and start the process required for you to get access. Those who are cleared for access may enter the libraries Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- In situations where you require in-person help, such as computer hardware repair, computing consulting, or with lending services, please submit a Help Request at help.lehigh.edu. An appointment will be scheduled with you Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Support for instruction (course design, assignment design, assessment, instructional technologies, etc.) is available remotely. Submit a Help Request to “Instructional Technology” at help.lehigh.edu.
- Electronic course reserves can be requested on the Libraries’ Electronic Reserve Request Form.
- Lehigh’s librarians are available to provide support for library resources, synchronous virtual library instruction, interactive tutorials, course-customized pre-recorded videos and library guides, as well as in-person library instruction by using this form or by directly emailing a dedicated subject librarian.
- Curbside pick-up for library materials is still available. Arrange for pick-up via the “Request this” link on items found in your ASA Library Catalog search or through InterlibraryLoan requests.
- Library books may be dropped off at the Lehigh Mail Center at Farrington Square between 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Digital Media Studio equipment such as camcorders, tripods, headsets/microphones, and document cameras will be made available for curbside pick-up Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Please submit requests to email@example.com.
- Special Collections digitization and scanning to support instruction and usage of primary resources in classes are available by request. Please send requests to Special Collections at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refer to the Library and Technology Services Reopening Guide for detailed and updated information about hours of operation and service protocols.
If you have any questions about services offered during the temporary closure, or about the LTS Reopening Guide, please contact the LTS Help Desk.
Greg Reihman, Ph.D.
Vice Provost for Library and Technology Services