Dear Members of the Campus Community,
This is a reminder regarding the temporary closure of Packer Avenue from Vine Street to Webster Street, beginning March 9 and continuing through April 30, 2020.
Please be advised that no vehicles or parking will be permitted during this time. Pedestrian traffic will be allowed and encouraged. The area will
remain open for emergency access, Lehigh University AccessLU transportation for persons with disabilities, and service/authorized vehicles.
As shared in a previous message, this test closure will allow the university, the City of Bethlehem, and our partners in the community to
gauge the long-term feasibility of a permanent closure of that portion of the street. At this point, no decisions have been made by either the
university or the city regarding a permanent closure.
Detour and Transportation Information:
- Vehicular traffic will be detoured to Morton Street from Vine Street and Webster Street.
- To prepare for the closure, we would like to remind our users of the
- Lehigh University Transit System: https://businessservices.lehigh.edu/transit-route-information
- Whitaker Bus Stop and STEPS Bus stop both service Packer Avenue.
- Parking meters are available in the first floor of the Alumni Memorial
- Parking Garage and pay-by-space zones in the first floor of the Zoellner Arts Center Parking Garage.
- Download Passport for use at Lehigh University parking meters: https://www.passportparking.com/. You may also pay by coin or at the kiosk in Zoellner Arts Center for $1 per hour parking.
For additional information, we have developed a resource page: go.lehigh.edu/packer.
Communications and Public Affairs
Assistant Vice President
Community and Regional Affairs
Brent Stringfellow AIA
Associate Vice President of Facilities & University Architect