Design planning that will lead to the long-awaited renovation of the Clayton University Center (CUC) is making progress. Beginning June 6, 2022, some offices located in the University Center will temporarily have a new home in Christmas Saucon in anticipation of the start of project work later this year:
- Visit here for Student Affairs office locations
- Visit the Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) in CS 201 (for the lounge space)
- Visit the Pride Center in CS 204 (for the lounge space)
- Visit the Center for Gender Equity (CGE) in CS 336 (for the lounge space)
- For the full list of locations for OMA, the Pride Center, and CGE, visit here.
- Space on the first floor of Christmas Saucon (the Annex) will be vacant and available for use by the relocated offices and visitors as shared building-wide meeting space if needed. The entry is located at ground level and is accessible.
The CUC will remain open for the Fall 2022 semester for dining, meeting space, and other uses.
Planning continues through the summer. The project timeline will be shared with the Lehigh community in the fall.
Student focus groups are helping to identify student wants and needs to inform the vision for the space. As plans for construction and the timeline are finalized, students, faculty and staff will be provided with information before any changes are put into motion. President Helble provided an update on the CUC project, in its design phase, in his May 2022 video shared with the campus community.
For ongoing updates, visit: https://go.lehigh.edu/claytonuniversitycenter